MFS Africa partners with Madagascar’s MVola for international money transfers

Pan-African digital payments network, MFS Africa, has partnered with Mvola, Madagascar’s leading mobile money provider, to facilitate inbound international money transfers. The two partners say the partnership aims to further enhance financial inclusion and enable economic development in the island country.

Original article link:

Technology: Blueline launches a very high-speed satellite Internet solution

A better future in short for Madagascar's Internet connectivity and which will strengthen its position as leader in this area in Africa. The offer of fast connectivity, with a speed of up to 50 Mbps, will notably open up new growth prospects for all sectors such as mining, NGOs, donor projects, e-governance. , hotels, industry.

Original article link:

Destination Madagascar: One million tourists expected in 2028

"Towards a new era of tourism investment for national economic growth and the influence of the Madagascar destination". This is the first theme chosen during the National Investment Forum for the emergence of Madagascar, organized by the Presidency. On this occasion, the President of the Republic, Andry Rajoelina, declared that about twenty tourist emergence zones have been created to attract both national and foreign investors in tourism, which is one of the priority sectors (Translated from French)

Orginal Article Link:

GreenYellow completes the extension of the Ambatolampy solar power plant

The French company GreenYellow, a subsidiary of the Casino Group, has announced the completion of the extension of the Ambatolampy solar power plant. This installation is the result of a partnership between this independent electricity producer (IPP) and the Malagasy group Axian.

That’s it! The extension of the Ambatolampy solar power plant has been completed. And the new unit has already started to inject electricity into the national grid of Madagascar. This is according to the independent power producer (IPP) GreenYellow. The subsidiary of the French Casino Group has implemented the project in partnership with the Axian Group.

The facility, located 65 km from the capital Tananarive, now has a capacity of 40 MWp, compared to 20 MWp before the expansion work began in June 2021. The Ambatolampy solar photovoltaic plant is operated by GreenYellow Madagascar. The special purpose company is 51% owned by GreenYellow, with the remaining 49% being owned by Madagascar’s Axian Group.

The two partners have also agreed to install a 5 MWh battery storage system to stabilize the grid of Jirama, the Malagasy utility company that buys the output of the Ambatolampy solar plant.

GreenYellow and Axian Group have invested €17 million in the entire expansion project. The two partners are supported by the French commercial bank Société Générale, GuarantCo, the guarantee arm of the Private Infrastructure Development Group (PIDG), and the African Guarantee Fund.

The completion of this project increases GreenYellow’s installed capacity in Madagascar. A few weeks ago, the company led by Otmane Hajji commissioned a solar power plant in Morondava, in a joint venture with the Axian Group. The facility, which has a capacity of 1.4 MWp, supplies households and businesses in the Menabe region.

Orginal Article Link: