Mauritius Board of Investment (BOI)
The Board of Investment (BOI) is the official Investment Promotion Agency of the Government of Mauritius. As Mauritius opens to the world, transforming itself into a competitive global business platform, the BOI has put at the disposal of the international business community a personalised range of services to attract international investments and talents to the country. BOI’s team of professionals, University graduates with strong industry expertise, is well equipped to provide invaluable guidance for successful business launches in Mauritius.
Over the years, the BOI has developed a strong partnership with the private sector by improving the investment climate and encouraging innovation. With headquarters in Mauritius, the Board of Investment has strong links through our worldwide network of embassies and consulates. The Board of Investment is viewed both locally and internationally as a strategic partner for any investor wishing to benefit from the thriving business environment in Mauritius. The Board of Investment was awarded the top prize for Policy Advocacy by the WAIPA (World Association of Investment Promotion Agencies) in 2008.
BOI’s range of services, provided free-of-charge, include inter alia :
- Counseling on investment opportunities in Mauritius.
- Providing sector-specific and tailor-made information for the setting up of a business in Mauritius.
- Organising customised meetings and visits.
- Identifying joint-venture partners.
- Providing guidance on the choice of site locations and production facilities.
- Assisting with occupation permits, licenses and clearances.